Friday, January 27, 2017

Encouragement - Egg Drop Soup For The Soul

This was in my email this moring, from a friend.  And apparently an even better friend than I thought. 




.....I just want you to know I'm praying for you, and "with you" in my heart, through this illness and all the side effects.  Obviously there's nothing I can do but pray, and listen. But you don't know my heart and you don't hear my prayers and my thoughts of you all through the day....so I just want you to know.
To me there is a comfort when I know my Christian friends are praying, and my friends, in general, care about me.
I watched a silly tv show the other night, but the teaching moment in the show was where the parents were disappointed because 20 kids didn't show up for their son's birthday party.  The 10 year old boy said, I don't care about that.  My 3 good friends showed up and that's all I need.
I'm the friend that would show up at your party.
Love you muchly,


A praying friend.  I have so many blessings to count, and friends are just one, but a big one.  A *very* big one.  She says "....there's nothing I can do but pray..."  My friend, that's the BEST thing you can do, we can all do for one another.  Pray for each other, pray for our nation, pray for our leaders, even if we don't like them, and that goes for our neighbor too, whether its a cube-neighbor or the guy next door who's dog pee's on  your roses.


This email came at a really good time.  I needed the encouragement today.  Its gonna be ok, even when its not ok.


And when I'm not feeling good, I go across the street and get egg drop soup from the Chinese place.   I don't know what they do to this stuff, but egg drop soup is magical food people.  It will cure what ails you.  maybe they pray over it.


Happy Friday!  Ya'll be sweet to your friends

No comments:

Post a Comment