Friday, January 13, 2017

Waking Up Tired

I took off early yesterday to do the grocery shopping that really should have been done a week ago, but I just didn't feel like it, except for quick runs for toilet paper, milk, and bread.  I did the Walmart shuffle, by the time I got home, I could barely move nor breath.


Day before yesterday, my shipments were piling up in the mail room and my "runner" was out with the crud (yes, the one I've had twice now, *everybody* has had it), and I had to make the trek down there and haul up boxes and deliver them where they needed to go.  This is a ginormous building, the mail room is quite a distance away.  So today, I'm paying for the last two days.


I woke up this morning, after a good nights sleep, only one trip to the bathroom.  I usually make minimum 3.  I had already gotten up and taken my morning prednisone at 4, and went back to sleep.  Then I woke up at 6, and realized "its going to be one of *those* days....I over did it."  I felt like instead of sleeping, I ran a 10k instead.  It may even be an extra prednisone day too.  The weather here is completely wonky, we should be having deep freezes, and its been in the 70's for a week.  Which means the trees are going to become confused, and start spewing out pollen.  Well, I can't fret that right now.  I'll think about that when it comes.


I ran into a person at Walmart, that I have known, virtually my entire life.  Almost.  She and my older sister (she is my 1/2 sister, same mother, different fathers, my mom's oldest child) have been best friends since they met in high school.  I met her the first time when I was about 7 or 8 years old.  I hadn't seen her in a while.  I rounded the corner at the dog food section and there she was.  And she looked at me with that "I know you....but how?  You look so familiar....oh!  oh........"  All in the space of about 5 seconds.  And she said, you look so different from the last time I saw you.  I didn't say it, but I thought it "thanks for noticing".  :)  She's a sweetie, and didn't mean anything.  I'm sure seeing me for the first time in so long, before the lung crap, yeah, I do look a lot different.  LOL  It was just so plain on her face the shock.  I told you....its not invisible for me anymore.


So I'm just going to take it easy today.  I'll find another runner for the time being.  Its Friday.  Lets have some music.  Another of my mothers favorites.  Patsy Cline.





No comments:

Post a Comment