Friday, February 10, 2017

Scrip Day - I Made It

Dr. G's office just called and my scrip for pain meds is ready for pick up.  I made it!  The pharmacy shorted me 14 pills, and I had to adjust, with the last few days only just one, when I normally get 3 a day, has been rough, but I made it.  I've probably taken enough Tylenol in the last two weeks to put my liver in death throws, but it couldn't be helped.  "Arthritis Strength" Tylenol that says 8-Hour relief, only gives me about 6 hours, and its not really what I'd call "relief".  It takes the edge off, but I still feel like a slug on Ambien.  When I pick up my scrip from the pharmacy, I'll be counting them before I leave.  This can't happen again.  Its too painful, and its too much stress on my body.


I have an appointment with the eye doctor on Monday.  I'm fairly convinced that what is happening to my eyes is not the RA, but is (another) side effect of the prednisone.  They water constantly, when I first get up in the morning, they are beet red, and crusty.  My vision is very blurry.  VERY blurry.  With or without my glasses, I can't really see anymore.  So yeah, add that to the list.


Its Friday, finally.  I need the break, ready for the weekend.  Projects to work on.  Things to do.


Oh yeah!  I just found out that I'm getting a bonus next week on my pay check.  My last one.  And the bosses made it a GOOD ONE.  More than I've ever got before.  yearly bonuses are usually around $600 to $700.  I don't even want to say what this one is.  :)  But what I will say, is that the Mr. and I sat down last night and made a list of things we're going to do with it.  New shoes for both of us, and they're not cheap.  My feet will only walk in Skeechers ($100 a pair).  Anything else and they swell and I can't walk.  The Mr. likes boots, steel toe, so he can work in the yard and stuff, that's $200.  Plus we're getting ready for me to stop working in that we are dumping Hughesnet (waaaay over priced for what you get) and going with local network.  For $10 less a month than Hughesnet, we get about 10 x's the amount of usage.  We're also dumping Directv and going with Rocu and Netflix.  Dumping these two will save us about $70 a month.  So its buying equipment, setup and activation of the new services, and such as that.   We just bought a new tv for the bedroom, but I'd like to get a new tv for my room.  I stopped sleeping in our bed 6 months ago.  I can't breath lying flat, and I aspirate.  I've been in the recliner since the summer.  Been thinking about buying a new recliner and setting my yarn room up as a "bedroom" too for me, so I'm not "living" in the living room, if you know what I mean.


We are also expecting our Federal refund next week, and I am taking B-girl shopping at Justice.  OHMYGOSH ya'll.  I'm an old woman, and even *I* love going shopping at the Justice store.  It is everything you can possibly imagine for girls.  And I do mean anything you can imagine, if it glitters, Justice has it.  :)  She loves it, and so do I.  Then we usually go across the street to the (what I call) the "Justice for Big Girls" aka Ulta.  Then we eat Chinese at Ichybon.  Its the best Chinese buffet I've ever had.  Love that bacon wrapped grilled shrimp.  Ok, anyway.  Then we usually stop at Micheals.  And this time I want to pick up a roll or two of that new Caron Cakes yarn that all the crafters are gaga over.  Fun!!!  And I am even seriously considering hopping over the the LYS (Local Yarn Store) and picking up some "good stuff".  Its on my bucket list to make something with the "good stuff".  I'd love some Madeline Tosh ($30 to $40 a hank!  Yikes!!).  Just once, a yarn splurge. 


Well, ya'll have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment