Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Tummy Issues Continue On And A Recipe of Sorts


Oh the tummy issues.  **sigh**  Last night, I managed to make a nice dinner after work, just pushed through and leaned on the counter top a lot.  I made a gorgeous potato/ham/spinach/egg and cheese frittata, with the potatoes set on the bottom as the “crust”.   Ohmygravy!  You should make this. 

Anyway – I went to sit in my chair while waiting for the frittata to rest and the eggs to set.  Within 5 minutes, I was so sick at my stomach, with shooting pains all across my belly, I had to go to my bedroom and get in bed.  I called the Mr. to bring me a cold wet towel.  I was trying hard as I could not to throw up because I’d taken meds.  You don’t want to throw up your meds.  The taste, then there’s that whole “now I’m short” issue.  So he brought me a cold wet towel and I covered my forehead with it and turned out the lights.  How I fell asleep I have no idea, with that kind of “sick”, but I did.  45 minutes later I work up.  Belly was fine, and as each minute passed I got better and better.  Within a few minutes, it was as if it never happened.  Forrest Gump disease……you just never know what your gonna get.  I felt well enough to have a small wedge of the frittata.   And I left it at that, drank some water, took some Tylenol PM and went to bed.

This morning, its baaaaack.  Not to the degree of last night, but I’m queasy.  It comes and goes like this.  For 30 or 40 minutes, I’ll feel like I’m going to hurl and its going to land across the street.  My skin goes white and pale, I sweat, and the heart rate goes up.  Then it slowly begins to wane, and before you know it, its gone.  Like it never happened.

I’m out of DanActive and this is day two, so a trip to wallyworld is in my day at some point.  That will help.  A lot.  I didn’t have one yesterday, so that could be why I’m having the issues.  You know I swear by this stuff.  Seriously. 

Ok, here’s how I make my frittata.  It feeds me and the Mr. at least two meals each.  A portion for dinner, then left overs.  I make mine in a 10 inch skillet that has a lid.

Slice thinly about a half cup of onions and put them in the skillet with a few drizzles of olive oil (or your oil of choice).  Cook them on medium heat with a tad of salt, until they are well on their way to soft.  Turn the heat down now a bit.

Take one good sized russet baking type potato, scrub and wash it real good, then slice it into thin rounds. 

Place the potato rounds in a single layer all around the skillet, even up the sides, and on top of the cooking onions.  Place the lid on it, and turn the heat down to low.  You want to give the potatoes time to cook almost completely.  For my stove on low, I let them cook about 10 minutes.  Don’t stir, and let them cook in a layer like that.

While that is cooking, beat 4 eggs, and add some meat.  I take 3 slices of smoked sandwich ham Oscar Myer I think, and just chop it up into pieces.  Beat this into the eggs and set aside.

I keep a bag-o-frozen spinach in the freezer all the time, so I take out about a ½ cup and thaw it for about 45 seconds on the microwave, set it aside.

I always have shredded cheese on hand, and for this I happened to have a parmesan/reggiano mix and a cheddar mix.  I put ½ cup of each into a bowl.

Now, it should be about time that the potatoes are ready.  Remove the lid and pour in the egg/ham mix.  Don’t stir it, just let it fall as it may.  Crumble in the spinach, then add all the cheese, a little salt and pepper, and put the lid back on.  I have an electric stove, and I cook mine now on 2.  For gas, I would say this is a flame that is barely there.  You don’t want to scorch the potatoes, you just want the eggs to cook and the cheese to melt.  Keeping it lidded I have found really helps.

I cook mine on very low heat like this for about 8 minutes.  Then, I turn the heat off, keep the lid on, and let it “set” for another five minutes or so.

 

Then Enjoy!!!!  It is delicious.  And not nearly as much work as it sounds like.  Here’s a picture.  This is not mine, I totally swiped it from the net, but this is very close.  I think this one has broccoli as the veggie.  I’ve often thought that chopped asparagus would be good to.  But anyway:

 


 
So yeah, tummy issues again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment