Friday, July 14, 2017

A Heart Scare - A Short Hospital Stay - Tummy issues worsen - Is this all connected? -UPDATED

Saturday afternoon, the 8th July, that circle in the middle of my chest I've complained about before, hurt.  <-----understatement.


It started slowly, and over about a minute, the pain built to a 9.  I haven't had 9 pain since my DVT.  It stayed there for at least 3 minutes, then just as I was about to dial 911, it began to subside.  Scared the begeebus out of me.  Also, while it was happening, I reached for a pain pill, and swallowed that with a drink water.  As the water was going down, when it hit that spot that was hurting, my pain went from a 9 to a 14.  Once the water and the pill hit my tummy, it went back to just the 9.  The pain was excruciating.  Its a new level of pain, its never hurt like that.  When it was over, I was spent.  While it was happening, I couldn't speak, I could barely breath.


Monday morning, soon as I got to my desk, I called Dr. G.  Lucky for me, he had a cancelation.  So I got there at 2:00, and described what happened.  So he says that he wants to run this test and this test and this one and this one, "you want to let me just put you inpatient?  It would be much faster and probably cheaper".  So I checked in Monday afternoon.  And I wasn't even comfy in my bed when they came and got me for the first test.  An HRCT.  been there done that.  Then the worst part happened.  After I got back to my room, a nurse came for an arterial blood draw.  Let that sink in.  ARTERIAL blood draw.  At least she was honest with me "I won't lie to you, this is going to hurt.  I have to go all the way to the artery, and that's deep."  I think I let an F-bomb slip once.  And I cried, and the Mr. held my other hand.  I hope I never have to do that again.


The heart stress test wasn't too bad.  I've had that before.


So, end result, my heart is fine.  I didn't have a heart attack.  Dr. G said "but we're not stopping.  I want to find out what is cause all this pain.  So if the heart is fine, next step will be an Upper GI to check the esophagus" .  So that's the next thing.  And we will do that outpatient.  I have to make a follow up with Dr. G. and I'm hoping that G.I. Associates can get me in there in the next couple weeks, or sooner if possible.  I'm going to GI Associates, because they will put you out to do it.  I need that.  Insurance will pay for it, I have a very sensitive gag reflex.  I can't have them sticking tubes down my throat and I'm awake.


More good news too!  The lung blood clots are absorbed! :)   Due to infarction, I don't get the benefits of breathing better, but the clots are gone.  And THAT is a good thing.


Lungs are trashed.  I knew that. 


And!  I don't know if I brought home a new bug from the hospital or what, but omg....the tummy cramps and the IBS with D and N and sometimes V.  The reason I suspect a bug is because the Mr. is having same symptoms.  I don't know, hopefully this will run its course in a day or so.  I feel a little better than yesterday, but its still touch and go.  And we don't move too far away from the bathroom.


I haven't made a full day this week.  And as usual when I leave the hospital, my arms look like I'm a crack head, I got stuck so many times.  Well, ya'll have a good weekend.  Tomorrow is my birthday :)
My friend-girls are taking me out to dinner tonight, and the thought of it is not pleasant, but its Chinese so I will probably just settle for some egg drop soup.  You know that stuff is magic, and will cure what ails you.  Its the big 5..0 !  geez-louise......50.  What happened to 18???  it went by so fast, I really didn't even have time to enjoy it.   Till next time....


Ya'll be sweet.


Later that same day.....
I went across the street to the Chinese place and got some egg drop soup.  Miracle liquid in a bowl.  man my tummy feels better!  What is it in this stuff??  I'm going to have to do some research.  Too bad it won't cure RA, but dang if you have some tummy problems, egg drop soup is the bomb!  I feel 100% better.

No comments:

Post a Comment